We're pumped to have you join us for Frontrunner PRESEASON! Head over to getfrontrunner.com and sign up to get started!
Read more about the PRESEASON Trading Competition Series HERE.
Here's a quick guide to help you get started, make your first trade, and win some money!** 🤑
First, let's get your wallet set up. If you already have a Metamask wallet, you can skip to the Getting Started on Frontrunner section.
Getting Started on Frontrunner
- Head on over to getfrontrunner.com and create an account.
- Once you've created your account, complete the step-by-step onboarding process. Your browser must have location access enabled and you must allow Frontrunner access to your location. Begin by connecting your Metamask wallet.
- When you connect your wallet the first time, you will be prompted by Metamask to Switch Network. Confirm this switch. Since this is testnet, we need to tell Metamask to connect to Goerli testnet.
- After a few seconds, you should receive a testnet USDC airdrop. If after several minutes, you have still not received the airdrop, please reach out on Discord or email email@example.com.
Making Your First Trade
You're ready to make your first trade! Before we dive in, keep in mind that you can only own shares for one outcome in an event. For example, if the event is Yankees @ Astros, you can own only shares of Yankees or Astros, but not both.
With funds now in your trading account, you're ready to make your first trade! You can view high-level information about a market at a glance. Here you can see the Kansas City Chiefs trading at $0.75 and the Los Angeles Chargers trading at $0.25. To view more details about the market, you can simply click it. For now, let's click the TRADE button.
Placing a Market Order
If you are new to trading, market orders are the easiest way to get started. You can buy and sell shares instantly at the best available price with market orders. All you need to do is pick how many shares you'd like to purchase or sell.
- After clicking TRADE, your bet slip will appear with your current order. Enter the number of shares you'd like to purchase or choose a preset wager amount and click COMPLETE ORDER.
- Sign the Metamask transaction in the window that appears.
- You've just successfully made your first trade on Frontrunner! Your new ownership will be reflected in several places.
Placing a Limit Order
Limit orders allow you to choose both the number of shares you'd like to purchase or sell and the worst price you're willing to pay or take. Use the order book to help you place your limit orders.
- Go to the market view by clicking on a market. In the market view, you can view the order book as well as other important market details, such as interactive price history, volume, market cap, and all-time high and low price. If you have a position in the market, you can also see details about your position and trading history. Click ADD TO ORDER SLIP.
- The order will appear in your bet slip again. This time, select LIMIT as the ORDER TYPE.
- Let's try to sell 5 of the shares you purchased in your market order earlier. Take a look at the order book.
Zooming in a bit...
Notice that the highest "Bid" is $0.72, and there are 100,000 shares available at that price.
- With this information, let's go back to the order in the bet slip. Change the ACTION to SELL.
- Type in 5 for the number of SHARES you'd like to sell. Since there are shares available to sell at $0.72, type in 0.72 in the PRICE field as seen below.
- Click COMPLETE ORDER.
You've just successfully created your first limit order on Frontrunner!
Read more about Preseason v2 Trading Competition here.
** Must make at least 10 trades to be eligible for ROI prizes. Prizes are at the discretion of the company. Winners must meet eligibility requirements. Void where prohibited by law.
Last updated November 15, 2 PM EDT
Frontrunner is a decentralized sports prediction market where users can buy shares of sports propositions and trade them like they would stocks. Unlike traditional sportsbooks where users place a bet and wait, Frontrunner gives users full control over their portfolios, allowing them to dynamically buy and sell positions as the odds change. By leveraging the power of free markets and the blockchain, we create transparent markets and liquid positions to reduce counterparty risk and fundamentally change the way that people invest in their sports knowledge and beliefs.